Holistic dowsing, particularly pendulum dowsing is often incorporated into my practice as a Reiki therapist. Apart from applying my own knowledge, experience and intuition, I often use it to reaffirm my instinctive approach to a specific treatment or to establish any additional aspects that may need to be included into a treatment. I make use of, for example, fan charts to assess or re-assess the specifics of client-specific Reiki treatments. Aspect that I may assess include:
- Is a long chakra balance or a short chakra balance more appropriate for today’s treatment?
- Is a traditional Reiki treatment, chakra based Reiki treatment or meridian based Reiki treatment required today?
- Should goal manifestation be included into today’s Reiki treatment?
- Should a healing attunement be done as part of today’s Reiki treatment?
- What other aspects should be included into today’s Reiki treatment – crystals, affirmations, referrals, etc.
- If crystals are to be incorporated today, which crystals?
Within the Reiki treatment itself I often use dowsing as a scanning tool. Pendulum dowsing is a quick and accurate way of establishing energy flow and blockages in a client, particularly where scanning by hand is for some reason not possible. By using a pendulum and dowsing over each chakra the energetic status and well-being (i.e. being balanced/under energised/over energised/blocked) of each chakra can be determined. During the Reiki treatment I am then guided by this awareness to focus on specific chakras if necessary.
In conjunction with Allergy testing, dowsing to confirm an allergy has proven useful. I also apply holistic dowsing as an effective tool in distance healing.