The Crown Chakra is the last of the seven major Chakras in your body. It is located at the Crown at the top of the head and is also known as the centre of Cosmic Consciousness. The Crown Chakra is associated with our sense of empathy and unity as part of the greater Universal consciousness. Just as the Base Chakra showed our connection with Mother Earth, the Sahasrara shows our relationship with the Divine, the Universe. It is the level of the soul and spiritual connection. It is the energy centre of knowing and enlightenment; the bridge to the cosmos and through it we can reach our higher potential.
The Crown Chakra is a door to Universal energy and conscience. Through it you can reach a higher state of awareness, leading you beyond materialism to the true nature of life which is abundant in joy, purpose and curiosity.
A balanced Crown Chakra gives you access to your subconscious, allows you to see your true nature and to accept the self as a part of the Universe. Through a deep connection to Sahasrara you may fulfil your highest potential. An unbalanced Crown Chakra makes your road in life harder and bumpier, lacking focus and direction. You’ll experience boredom, frustration and lack of joy that may result in migraines, melancholy, senility and loss of self.
Representing Colour: Violet/Whit
Location of the Chakra in the Body: On top of the head at the crown.
How Can I Tell If My Crown Chakra Is Blocked?
If your Crown Chakra is over-active you probably will not be able to control your encounters with other realms of existence. You may be considered “far out” there and will have trouble grounding yourself, making it hard for people to take you seriously. Because of an over-activity in this Chakra, you may possess a god-complex and consider yourself better than others in the world around you.
If your Crown Chakra is under-activity you will probably feel like you lack a purpose in life. You may think that it is all meaningless and in this thinking, will develop a mental “disease”. You may feel unloved and blame life circumstance on something that is outside of you. Co-ordination difficulties, clumsiness or poor balance may result from an under-active Crown Chakra. New ideas or newer, positive out-looks on life will be hard for you grasp, if you accept them at all. You will probably lack spiritual exploration and have no desire to discover your inner self. You may also be excessively afraid of dying.
Maintaining Balance in your Crown Chakra
After a Chakra Balancing treatment it is important to maintain that balance and removing stress is a life-long process that is meant to be enjoyed daily. For the Crown Chakra:
- Connect with your inner self through yoga, meditation and contemplation.
- Silence is the white energy’s music. Turn off the TV, radio and computer, just listen to the Universe around you.
- Use aromatherapy oil extracts like Cedarwood, Elemi, Frankincense, Galbanum, Gurjum, Helicrysum, Jasmine, Lavender, Myrrh, Neroli, Rose, Rosewood, Sandalwood, Spikenard, Vetiver.
- Write down your dreams and imaginations.
- Wear or carry a white or violet gemstone, such as Amethyst, Apophyllite, Calcite (clear, white, optical), Chevron Amethyst, Danburite, Diamond, Euclase, Iolite, Clear Quartz, Gold, Herkimer Diamond, Moonstone, Opal, Rainbow Moonstone, Scapolite (purple), Scolecite, Selenite, Spodumene, Tanzanite – i.e. most white, clear or purple stones.
- Use positive Crown affirmations. Take a few moments to sit in quiet reflection. Tune into your own Crown Chakra and find the affirmations needed specifically for you at this time. Feel what you need to say to yourself to bring healing to your Crown Chakra, and then take a few minutes each day this week to repeat them. Embody them. Believe them! Use affirmations such as:
- “I am part of the Divine.”
- “I honour the Divine within me.”
- “I seek to understand and to learn from my life experiences.”
- “I cherish my spirit.”
- “I seek experiences that nourish my spirit.”
- “I listen to the wisdom of universe.”
- “I trust my intuition.”
- “I am open to letting go of my attachments.”
- “I live in the present moment.”
- “I am grateful for all the goodness in my life.”
- “I love and accept myself.”
- “I know that all is well in my world.”
- “I am connected with the wisdom of the universe.”
- “I am open to divine wisdom.”
- “My life moves with grace.”
- “I am at peace.”